Friday, June 1, 2007

For the love of food

After much anticipation (mostly from myself), my blog – dedicated to my love (or rather weakness) of food – is finally up & running! Never did I think I’d start a blog, but witnessing the huge phenomenon it has become and its power in reaching the masses has convinced me to jump into the bandwagon myself (and also because all my friends are doing it :p). Oh well, if you can’t beat em, join em!

If I had to have one, why not totally devote it on food?
Sweet.

You know you have a soft spot for food when you take note of shows like coffee talks and hawker woks, sweets for my sweets, makan places lost and found, and you find yourself salivating uncontrollably while tuning into Nigella Lawson – her cooks and desserts people! Tsk tsk. And it totally bums you out when you miss a segment of food-gorging pleasure, let alone an entire episode! I can even admit to watching Suria Segar on Sunday mornings just waiting anxiously for that one segment. You guessed it.

In the quest to hunt down good food to satisfy my gastronomic senses, wouldn’t it be just swell if I could share my food ventures on a much wider platform beyond my circle of close friends -- whom by the way, may just have had handled enough of me recommending and proposing and bugging on the next dining places to hit.

And so my food blog (technologically speaking?) is born. Yes I’m always thinking of that next stop, that next bite, My Next Food Destination. I’m pretty sure there’s much more than just Swensons for that occasional splurge, or even really good hawker fare and cheap eats than the usuals. And don’t get me started on the sweet stuff.

Better yet, if you know of a place worth trying out, tell me about it! I’d be more than happy to try it out (depending on cash-on-hand). Even better if sponsored :D

So here’s embarking on many pleasurably food-tasting adventures to come. Cheers!




Feel the need to indulge?
No "pampering spa treatments", just
chocopots for me & Nigella.

No comments: