Friday, July 20, 2007

Stop and smell the muffins...

So it’s been ages/eons/foreva since my last entry and it’s about time I put the kick back into this joint! (Pity it took me that long :p)

TA has been keeping be occupied to the brim lately and symptoms of stress are starting to show. It’s times like this when I tell myself to take a step backward, to pause for a second, take it easy and slow… to catch a breather from all the frenzy.

And it’s times like this were I find solace in retreating to my place of comfort (second to mummy dearest, but of course) – Of fine slices of decadent cake or invitingly warm bakes, totally absorb in that one moment, as I bask in total relaxation, savouring each mouthful with much pleasure and delight.


So to my friends who are caught up in all hectic-ness & bustles of life:


Take some time off for yourself, in whatever channel or avenue that fits your fancy – be it slogging it out at the gym (for yours truly, the foxy ladey), writing in your journal, blogging for the up-to-date or reposing in facial and massage sessions at the spa (to the queen of spa-indulging, yes you).

Seize opportunities to realign your priorities, to get things in perspective.

A rejuvenated you makes a more spirited, healthy and vivacious you.

And for myself, reviewing and writing about food, which I will get down to once I’m done lesson plans and what have you!!

All the best for the remaining weeks ahead guys. Looking forward to a new academic year, a new slate in goals and objectives :)


* * *

An entry wouldn’t be complete without a peek on something delectable, now would it? Here’s a glimpse of my first sweet buy since a long time -- Coffee Bean’s Expresso brownie.



A caffeine jolt for that quick fix.


No comments: